As the Global Pandemic forced us to stay locked up in our homes, many of us have begun exploring the world of online earnings. A common misconception is that you require extraordinary skill to earn online. but is it so? Telus is one of the top platforms providing an opportunity to earn from home with no major skill needed. If you have a laptop or a mobile you are good to go.
Telus became and AI company when it acquired Lionbridge. Founded in 1996, Lionbridge which was an American company that provides a wide array of services to more than 800 world-leading brands which include translation, content development, software localization, interpreter services, etc. They assist companies in increasing international market share by making their content locally relevant, thus increasing customer engagement.
Lionbridge was acquired by Telus International on December 31, 2020 Still, over the years, it has managed to acquire many of its competitors-
-Bowne Global Solutions (localization provider), 2005
– Darwin Zone (digital marketing services provider), 2014
– Clay Tablet Technologies (Translation integration solution provider for Sitecore), 2014
– CLS Communication (Translation service provider), 2015
– GeoText (Legal translation agency), 2015
– Gengo (Translation start-up), 2019
Telus Job categories
Remember the CAPTCHA we encounter at every step on the web? Although its main aim is to protect sites from spam bots, the underlying greater purpose is to help Google train its AI to be smarter, faster and reliable. This is exactly what Telus hires you to do. But it will be much less boring than solving CAPTCHA as you will be paid to do it. Some of the jobs offered by Telus are-
- Mobile and Desktop Internet Search Reviewer – In this project, You are provided with a query and its related search results. You are expected to deliver detailed feedback regarding how the search results can be optimized.
- Online Maps quality analysts- To check the accuracy of address searches on online maps.
- Internet Assessor- A Internet Assessor reviews the results returned in a specific search query and rates them in terms of relevance. You will have to review the locations based on their surroundings.
- Social media evaluator- To review the targeted ads on a particular platform. You will have to provide detailed feedback on the appearance of an ad, its relevance, and overall quality.
- Associate linguist- To help improve the natural language processing of given data.
How to apply
You have to give a three-part examination before qualifying for any job category of your choice. A book named ‘General Guidelines’ will be provided to you containing all the information related to the position you have applied for. 7-10 days will be given to study it and attempt the examination. If you pass all the three parts, you will be hired and will receive a welcome mail from the company with joining details.
Telus Pay rate
Your first payment arrives after 60 days of working and the pay cycle is twice a month after that. Payment ranges from $14/hr to max 20-24/week, varying according to the speed of work and your accuracy. Telus pays much more than its competitors.
The key feature is the flexible working schedule which can be anywhere between a maximum of 20 hours to a minimum of 10 hours per week. The tasks assigned can vary greatly based on your geographical location, which makes the work availability disproportional. Although working online at Telus may not provide enough income to replace your primary job, it will be a good opportunity to earn some extra cash with minimal effort.
For more and direct advice and information on the projects available on Telus you can message us on our Facebook Page and we will make sure all your queries are answered.
Contact Us at